I was recently asked by someone if I had to have a wish list and if so what would be my top ten wishes to go on it.
Thinking long and hard about it. I actually discovered that unlike most people who wish for material things, I actually wished for something that goes much deeper. I do believe financial security is what the majority wish for and of course that’s only natural ……if one has that level of security then so much more else falls into place. I’m not exempt from that point.
One of the hardest things I have to deal with is my feelings of insecurity. I’m not married and I don’t have any children to worry about, but despite this I some times wonder if I had either or both, whether it would make any difference to my own feelings of insecurity.
These are my 10 wishes……..and I honestly think these could make a difference to my life.
1) I wish I could feel truly contented, if not all the time then most of the time.
2) I wish I could be emotionally stronger and feel less sensitive.
3) I wish I was a little less trusting of others, then that way I wouldn’t get hurt so much in the belief that most people are ‘good people’
4) I wish I could have more faith and believe in myself as much as I have it in others, and they have in me.
5) I wish I could help myself as much as I am able to help others.
6) I wish I could feel totally secure and confident in all aspects of my life.
7) I wish I had much better physical health.
8) I wish I knew why God put me on this earth.
9) I wish others would understand me for who I am, and not what they think I should or shouldn’t be, and not judge me because I am not like them.
10) I wish I didn’t have to battle with this damn depression and anxiety day after day after day.
If only all our wishes could come true!